Blond or blonde or fair hair, is a hair colour characterized by low levels of the dark pigment eumelanin. The resultant visible hue depends on various factors, but always has some sort of yellowish colour. The colour can be from the very pale blond (caused by a patchy, scarce distribution of pigment) to reddish “strawberry” blond colours or golden-brownish (“sandy”) blond colours (the latter with more eumelanin). On the Fischer–Saller scale blond colour ranges from A to J (blond brown).
Various subcategories of blond hair have been defined to describe someone with blond hair more accurately. Common examples include the following:
• blond/flaxen: when distinguished from other varieties, “blond” by itself refers to a light but not whitish blond with no traces of red, gold, or brown; this colour is often described as “flaxen”.
- • • yellow: yellow-blond (“yellow” can also be used to refer to hair which has been dyed yellow).
- • • platinum blond or towheaded: whitish-blond; almost all platinum blonds are children. Although it is found on people in Northern Europe. “Platinum blond” is often used to describe bleached hair, while “towheaded” generally refers to natural hair colour.
- • • sandy blond: grayish-hazel or cream-colored blond.
- • • golden blond: a darker to rich, golden-yellow blond.
- • • strawberry blond, Venetian blond or honey blond: reddish blond.
- • • dirty blond or dishwater blond: dark blond with flecks of golden blond and brown.
- • • ash-blond: ashen or grayish blond.
- • • bleached blond, bottle blond, or peroxide blond terms used to refer to artificially colored blond hair
- • PRODUCT TO USE IF I AM BLONDE
- • JOICO HAS THE VIOLET COLOUR SHAMPOO (R250) AND CONDITIONER (R250). WE WILL RECOMMEND YOU ALSO PURCHASE THE COLOUR ENDURE TREATMENT MASQUE.(R285).
KMS HAS THE COLOR VITALITY BLONDE SHAMPOO (R250) AND BLONDE TREATMENT (R250). YOU CAN ALSO TREAT YOUR HAIR TO THE COLOUR VITALITY SHINE AND SHIELD (R285).
THEN LABEL.M HAS A BEAUTIFUL BRIGHTENING BLONDE SHAMPOO (R280) AND CONDITIONER (R280) AS WELL AS A BRIGHTENING BLONDE BALM (350). ALTHOUGH THIS IS FOR BLONDES ALL HAIR TYPES CAN USE THIS ONE AS IT BRIGHTENS THE HAIR BEAUTIFULLY. THIS IS NOT A SILVER OR PURPLE SHAMPOO SO WILL AD A APPLE COLOUR TO YOUR HAIR.
Q. Can i go from black to blonde?
A. The only means of transgressing from dark hair to blonde is through bleach. You have to however also consider the fact that if your hair is not in virgin state (original colour with no chemical treatments) then this process should be fairly simple. However, if you do have existing permanent colour then the hair needs to be lifted in stages. This will usually depend on the strengths of your hair strands. From Black to Platinum Blonde may take up to 5 visits to your salon. Please ensure that good treatments are used to avoid breakage and chemical damage.