BROWN HAIR OR BRUNETTE
Brown hair is the second most common human hair colour, after black hair. It varies from light brown to almost black hair. It is characterised by higher levels of the dark pigment eumelanin and lower levels of the pale pigment pheomelanin. Its strands are thicker than those of fair hair but not as much as those of red hair. Girls or women with brown or black hair are often referred to as brunette, which in French is the feminine form of brunet, which is the diminutive of brun (brown, brown-haired or dark-haired).
Brown hair is common among populations in Western world, especially among those from Central Europe, Southern Europe, United States and also some populations in Greater Middle East where it transitions smoothly into black hair. Brown hair is common among Australian Aborigines and Melanesians.
Varieties of brown hair
Brown hair comes in a wide variety of shades from the very darkest of brown (almost black) to light brown showing small signs of blondism. Shades of brown hair include:
- • deepest brunette: the darkest brown, which can be a very dark chestnut; sometimes appears to be off black at a distance.
- • dark brown
- • milk chocolate brown
- • dark chestnut brown
- • light chestnut brown
- • medium brown: standard brunette, comparable to Russet_(colour) brown
- • walnut brown: a warmer variant of medium brown, comparable to a light chestnut
- • medium golden brown: brown with yellowish tone.
- • light golden brown
- • light ash brown: almost blond hair
- • lightest brown: light brown that goes mid blonde in the sun
- • maple brown: a dark golden brown colour, like maple syrup
- • cinnamon brown: light reddish brown colour lighter than auburn
- • auburn brown: reddish brown colour darker than light brown
- • burgundy: dark brown with a deep reddish tinge
HOW DO I KEEP MY HAIR COLOUR LOOKING VIBRANT AND NATURAL?
A. Unlike most colours, Most Brunettes want to look natural. So for this reason there are so many different colours to choose from. It is important to ensure shine and rich colours when coming to brunette.
From Dark and healthy too sun kissed. Brunettes by far make up a large market share in any salon.
What Products should i use to ensure longevity in my colour:
Label. M : Colour Stay Shampoo (R280) and Conditioner (R280) is available. It contains Heliogenol derived from Sunflower Seed Oil, a highly effective stabiliser to prevent colour fade
Label. M : Treatment Shampoo is a daily cleanser for coloured and chemically treated hair. Loaded with Vitamins B5, H and E to rebuild strength and moisture from within.
Joico: K-PAK Colour therapy Shampoo (R250) and Conditioner (R250) is best to lock in colour
KMS: Colour Vitality Shampoo (R250) and Conditioner (R250) is good for colour save